This is the application for the Facebook Journalism Project Community Network. This program will support and connect people and organizations that are building community through local news. Facebook is partnering with The Lenfest Institute for Journalism, which will provide grant review and grantmaking support.
Applications will be accepted three times in 2019 (May, August, November). In order to qualify for this grant, you must meet the following requirements:
- Grants may be requested by nonprofit and for-profit organizations in the United States
- Grants may be requested by individuals working for nonprofit or a for-profit organization in the United States
- Project proposals do not require the use of Facebook's tools or platform
- Applicants agree that if they are awarded a grant, Lenfest and Facebook can use data and information provided in the initial application and subsequent reporting form to share learnings with other local news organizations
- Individuals and organizations can receive multiple grants in 2019, but priority will be given to applicants who have not previously received funding from the FJP Community Network
- Grant recipients will answer the following questions upon completion of their project:
- How would you do this project again? What changes would you make?
- As a result of this project, how many additional members of your community did you reach?
- Who were they and how many of them became engaged supporters?
- How did this project impact your sustainability?
- What did you learn from this project that can help others working in local news?
Please complete your application by 11:59 PM EST on Monday, May 27th, 2019. If you have any questions about this application, please reach out to CommunityNetwork@fb.com.